Guest Post: Colour - Wear it Right
‘Alice Barnes is a Personal Stylist and Image Coach. She has been selected as one of the best stylists by ELLE Magazine and has worked with a diverse range of private and corporate clients such as Champneys Spa Hotel group. Her particular expertise is working with women, usually mums and busy professionals, juggling life and work, to help them achieve a wardrobe they love through colour and style’
Colour - we shy away from it!
So many of us have a wardrobe full of black, some white, and 50 shades in between. Is it because we are not sure what suits us, or are we simply a nation of 'neutrals'?! Wearing colour not only makes us look better, but it also has an uplifting effect, so we feel better too.
It's simply a question of choosing the right colours for your colouring, so here are a few simple tips to help you make the best choices:
- If you have dark hair and eyes, you can wear deeper colours but bring them to life with high contrast and bright accessories
- For those of you with fair hair and blue eyes, softer lighter colours will harmonise with your colouring - this seasons pastels will work well
- Auburn or mid brown hair, hazel or green eyes, suit warm tones - think salmon pink, lime green and amber yellow
- Blue eyes with dark or light hair indicate a cool skin tone - fuchsia, emerald, peacock and silver will bring you to life
- Beware of black and white - leave it to the authorities unless you have deep strong colouring!
And if you still can't let go of your black and grey? Then choose an accessory in one of your colours and brighten up that outfit.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in